How do you communicate with your learners online, if at all? For years, I've moved from one platform to another in search of the perfect solution. A one-size-fits-all is yet to be found.
When I choose a platform for working with learners, these are some of the features I am looking for.
- Free and ad-free
- Support for collaborative work - learners need to be able to share, discuss and edit
- Easy-to-use-interface - teachers & learners will soon switch off if it's not intuitive to use
- Reliability in terms of being accessible 24-7 - learning opportunities anywhere, anytime
- An engaging environment for learners - I want them to be enthusiastic about logging in
- Autonomy - I want to administrate for my groups and not have to ask the IT team to bestow permissions on a regular basis
- Unlimited (or virtually unlimited) file storage
- Functionality - we have multiple lesson formats and ways of learning; we want a platform that accommodates all of these & allows us to embed any other resources we like e.g. Glogster
[You can find all posts related to this Musing by following the label Learning Platforms]