The game is simplicity itself, but with that essential element of tension to keep players engaged. It is essentially another review game where - in 3 of the 4 versions - teams get to move forward one space on their track for every correct answer. For every incorrect response, the game gets to proceed along its much shorter track. The goal is to reach the finish line before the game does.
All that's needed are 2 counters (which could be coins, erasers or even bits of paper) and a set of review questions. I prefer to have students produce these as part of their revision, but sometimes I use it to review our word wall terms. If you are looking for stems or examples for your own game, here are some resources to get you started:
- Questions for All Grades from Help Teaching (Choose your level from the left-side menu.)
- Prompts for 'Bloom' Questions
- Quizzes by Category from SoftSchools
- Grammar Quizzes from Activities for ESL Students
- Questions from FunTrivia
- Freebies from TeachersPayTeachers