I've just test-driven Story Cove with my 5-year-old son and he wanted more, more, more! The stories are narrated and the accompanying animations help younger kids to follow what's happening. At the end of the story, there are various activities for the reader to complete including phonics work and comprehension checks. Although there are paid features available, becoming a member is free as is access to a range of engaging stories.
- As these stories are narrated, learners can listen to them alone after choosing the story that most interests them
- Encourage parents to use them at home to extend children's reading
- The stories include 'morals' and can be used as starting points for discussing behaviour, attitude and treatment of others etc.
- Use the printable activities where computers are not available for all learners
- The accompanying lesson plans give plenty of ideas for learning activities