Bitstrips is a very simple and visually-appealing comic strip creation tool. You can create characters and then place them against a range of backgrounds to start your story. There is a subscription-based school version that offers collaborative features but the standard version is free.
- Create your own strips to introduce a topic or place static messages on your VLE, blog, wiki etc.
- Use strips from the gallery as story prompts or create your own
- Learners can explore characters, historical figures, scientific discoveries etc. by creating their own comic strips enacting scenes from literature, history etc.
- Use as an assessment tool where learners creatively demonstrate their understanding of a topic by creating a strip to show what happened / what the character is like / how to solve this problem etc.
- Present Math problems in a visual way as in this example
- English teachers can encourage writers to create multimedia stories using strips to move the story along
- Learners can create characters and stories for the school magazine or newspaper, using episodes to keep their readers coming back for more
Like this? You might also be interested in MakeBeliefComix.com