Instructions (Open your Google page before reading):
- Go to the Google Sites page where you want to place image and click 'edit'
- Click 'insert' and choose add gadget.
- Add a 'Gadget by URL'
- Enter the URL: http://thinglink.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/tlGoogleGadgt.xml
- Enter the embed code from the Thinglink image where the box is
- Save the page to see what it looks like; you may have to fiddle with the height and width settings depending on your image dimensions
- Use embedded Thinglinks as a navigation menu on the splash page of your site. (Thanks to Holly for this one.)
- Learners can use Thinglink to draw together information on a topic using a relevant image; as it's a collaborative tool, you can allow anyone to edit and add tags.
- Learners could make a map of place that a story takes place in and then embed different media at certain locations as a way to experiment with experiencing narrative in different ways.
- Science could set up a murder scene with tags leading to various clues or English/Language Arts teachers could do the same as a starting point for imaginative writing.