Saturday 6 August 2011

About

This is why I blog.

I've been teaching for over 15 years now, and still find the best way to improve my knowledge and practice is collaboration and connection.

I started out teaching EFL, then got my PGCE in English and Drama and, shortly after, a Masters in Education (Applied Linguistics). I've been a tech integrator, am a Google Education Trainer and try to keep track of what's happening in education around the world.

Now I'm teaching abroad in an international school (my 2nd one-to-one Mac environment) and I can't see a return to the UK any time soon. I applaud the resilience of teachers there, but I guess I've just become too used to working alongside parents and students who genuinely value education (and those who commit their lives to it), the quality of the PD, and the autonomy.

Particular interests of mine are meaningful tech integration, PBL (and authentic learning in general) and the embedding of metacognitive and research-based brain-friendly learning strategies.

The more I explore, the more I see just how much there is and I guess that makes me a lifelong learner. 

Please do get in touch if you ever want to continue the conversation.








I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they learn.

- Albert Einstein 


[* Secondary means I teach ages 11-18 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment